I’m back with another review and I totally love doing this. Cushion foundations have been over the place lately.
What are cushion foundations?Basically it is a liquid foundation housed in a sponge/cushion.
So today’s review is going to be The Maybelline Dream Cushion Foundation. I ordered this from Amazon for INR 999.
Off late I buy most of my cosmetics online and I randomly pick foundation shades close to my skin tone; however I will soon post the right way of finding your foundation shade and methods of foundation application.
Let me start with the review and find out how this Maybelline Cushion Foundation Does.
I have had good luck with the Maybelline foundations, I have used their Dream Liquid Mousse, Fit me, Dream Satin, Dream velvet and few others. I was excited about this foundation as this is my first cushion foundation, I have never used a cushion foundation before.
I usually don’t apply anything except moisturizer while I’m doing the first impression,because I like to see how foundations do on their own.
- I applied this early morning on the day of my shoot and honestly I love the coverage of this cushion foundation.
- The packaging is very convenient as it comes with a sponge and a mirror.
- It applies very easily feels like a liquid foundation, this was super quick to blend. It did not need too much effort.
- I kind of feel that this shade Ivory is a little white, but I corrected that with a little darker shade concealer and powder (I use this technique of correcting the colors).
- A normal amount of foundation gives full coverage which is quite impressive. However if you have dark under eye or dark spots you will have to follow-up with a concealer.
- I noticed the sponge felt a little hard on my skin so I switched to a beauty blender, you might want to use a foundation brush or a beauty blender depends on how well you can work with it.
- The finish of this cushion foundation is dewy and natural.
6 Hours later here is what I have to say about the cushion foundation.
- The foundation has gotten a little more dewy and shiny, just like all foundations do this one as well gets oily after a few hours so people with oily skin needs to set this really well with the powder.
- The coverage still looks the same.
- It doesn’t get greasy and there are no breakouts. I hate when my skin gets dry after hours of foundation application
- It looks like an amazing full coverage foundation for dry skin type.
- I have a combination skin and the longer I wore it the more shinier it got
- Even those with combination skin and oily skin can give this a fair chance as it works really well with powdering.
Glow Rating : 3.5
I would rate Maybelline Dream Cushion Foundation 3.5.
I’m more towards matte foundations as it saves time, doesn’t look oily and I don’t have to go back and powder it often.
Maybelline Dream Cushion is a great foundation, give it a try and let me know you thoughts on this.
I hope this was helpful if you are reading it.